Pages

Saturday, December 30, 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 9

Day 9

Activity 1 - An Eventful Experience

1st Key Event: 
1st September 1939 Germany invades Poland

German forces invaded Poland from the north, south, and west the morning after the Gleiwitz incident. Slovak forces advanced alongside the Germans in northern Slovakia. As the Wehrmacht advanced, Polish forces withdrew from their forward bases of operation close to the Polish–German border to more established lines of defence to the east.

2nd Key Event:
Germans enter Paris

By the time German tanks rolled into Paris, 2 million Parisians had already fled, with good reason. In short order, the German Gestapo went to work: arrests, interrogations, and spying were the order of the day, as a gigantic swastika flew beneath the Arc de Triomphe.
While Parisians who remained trapped in their capital despaired, French men and women in the west cheered-as Canadian troops rolled through their region, offering hope for a free France yet

Activity 2

A call to arms

Leonard Trent

Leonard Trent was awarded his VC medal on the 12th of March 1946. He was awarded his medal for his actions during a daylight bombing raid. Even though multiple units in his squad went down, he continued with his bombing run and completed his mission.

Bonus Activity

Women at Work

One day you are walking along the deck of the ship when you hear a loud bang. You start to run as you see smoke coming from the far end of the ship. You run towards the room where your patients are waiting to receive treatment from the doctor. Just as you arrive at the door to their room you hear another loud bang and you…

I said every one get to the front of the ship we are getting shot at. Do any of you still have a rocket launcher here? Yes I do said a mysterious person in a corner. But it is very powerful and can destroy anything even a plane and a ship. Give it here and I can save us all. He gave me the rocket launcher and I got to the top of the ship. The plane was coming to shoot at us again! So I shot the rocket launcher at it, then a tiny spec suddenly hit the plane. It came flying down and hit the water. We were saved.

2 comments:

  1. Great job Hunter. The way you saved everyone is awesome, what if you did not have a rocket launcher what would you do? Keep up the great work Hunter :P

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi there Hunter,

    I really enjoyed reading your short story in your bonus activity! It was very action packed and I thought it was cool how you saved everyone on the ship with a rocket launcher. WOW! I was also very impressed with your explanation about VC winner Leonard Trent in your second activity, by what you've explained about him and his story, he really did deserve his Victoria Cross!

    I was also very impressed with your research on the two events from the timeline in your first activity. Each event, I saw you included a statement of what happened during that event which is fantastic. It will be very helpful for people who read your blog post understand what you are talking about in your post. Could you tell me why you chose these two particular events?



    Looking forward to hearing from you soon and keep up the blog posting.

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.