Pages

Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 6

Day 6

Activity 1:

I am doing Notre-Dame Cathedral.

Here is a picture.

It was built in 1163 and it took 200 years!
It is located is in France/Paris.

Activity 2:

Image result for votingVoting in Saudi Arabia -
I think it is bad that only men are allowed to vote in Saudi Arabia.

I think woman should be able to vote because woman don't like killing and sometimes know better.

Bonus Activity:

In Flanders Fields

In Flanders fields the poppies blow
Between the crosses, row on row,
 That mark our place; and in the sky
  The larks, still bravely singing, fly
Scarce heard amid the guns below.

We are the Dead. Short days ago
We lived, felt dawn, saw sunset glow,
   Loved and were loved, and now we lie,
        In Flanders fields.

Take up our quarrel with the foe:
To you from failing hands we throw
The torch; be yours to hold it high.
    If ye break faith with us who die
We shall not sleep, though poppies grow
        In Flanders fields.

I think it is a good poem and it made me sad a wee bit because of all of the men who died but over all it is a great poem.

I liked this poem because it was all about the people in the war and it helps us to remember them each year.

It made me feel a little bit sad because lots of people lost their lives.




1 comment:

  1. Hi there Hunter

    Good job on your blog post. I like how you’ve written about Notre Dame as your chosen Cathedral in activity #1, I would love to go see Notre Dame one day! And that is incredible that it took 200 years to build! In activity #3, I thought your answer was well thought out and I agree with you that it does make me a bit sad because of how much emotion is put in the words. What was your favorite part of the poem? Mine was the line “Loved and were loved, and now we lie”; because it foreshadows the soldiers and how they loved their family, country and their friends. Their family and friends loved them. But now they lie in the ground after the war. Such a powerful but sad line!

    Awesome job on the blog post Hunter, keep up the awesome blog posts!

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.