Pages

Thursday, January 3, 2019

Summer learning journey week 1 day 4

Activity 1

Sir Edmund Hillary

1: Why did you want to climb Mount Everest?
2: What motivated you to continue training to climb?
3: How long did it take you to climb all the way to the top?
4: How did you feel when you reached the top?
5: What advise would you give someone wanting to climb to the top like you did?

Activity 2

Pancakes and Maple Syrup

My favourite food is Butter Chicken.

My family makes Butter Chicken by:

1. Placing the required amount of rice in the rice cooker
2. Cutting the chicken breast into chunks
3. Placing the chicken in a hot fry pan to cook
4. Then add in the butter chicken sauce and leave in the pan to simmer for 10-15 minutes
5. Once the rice is ready add into the fry pan mixture and mix together
6. Serve onto plates.


Activity 3

Salt and Pepper

I would build my hotel next to the Eiffel Tower in Paris and I would use Trampoline mats to build it. This would mean that people could bounce from room to room.


5 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter - Steph loves butter chicken as well. You and Steph will have to get together and share receipes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hunter!

    Happy New Year :) I'm glad to see that you've been keeping up with your Summer Learning Journey - well done!

    You've come up with some really thoughtful questions for Sir Edmund Hillary. I'd be particularly interested in the answer to question 5. Are there many mountains where you live? There are quite a few here in Auckland, many of which used to be volcanoes! They're no where near the size of Mount Everest but I still feel pretty accomplished after I've climbed one :)

    Yum! Butter Chicken is delicious, isn't it? I tend to get the spicier Chicken Tikka Masala when we have curry at my house, but I'll often sneak a spoonful of my partner's Butter Chicken. Your recipe makes it sound so simple to make as well! I might have to give it a go myself :)

    A hotel made out of trampoline mats?! What an incredibly original idea! I'd definitely book a room if I was ever in Paris :) What made you decide on Paris as a hotel location? Have you been before?

    Another wonderful post, Hunter. Keep up the great blogging! :)

    Mā te wā,

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are a couple of mountains where I live but not many.
    I haven't been to Paris but I think that people who go there are up for an adventure (like eating snails) so a hotel room with trampoline mats will be no problem for them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello again,

      I think you might be right. Plus, trampolining is pretty fun - who wouldn't want to stay in a hotel made out of them! :) Have you eaten escargot (snails) before? I have once - not in France though. A restaurant I went to in Bali made them. They were cooked in lots of butter and herbs so that's all I could taste. I remember they had quite a chewy texture though.

      Blog ya later! :)

      Mikey

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.