Pages

Thursday, December 21, 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 3

Day 3 - Activity 1

It's all in the family 

The more the merrier

Would I enjoy being a member of a large family?

Yes, I would love be in a big family. I think it would be great because I would have 9 friends at home, I would always have someone to play with or someone to talk to when I need it. I would feel safe because if I was to get into trouble I know that someone would have my back.

Activity 2

My Pepeha

No Aotearoa ahau
Ko South Hornby toku kura
Ko Halliday toku whanau
Ko Gerry toku matua
Ko Joy toku whaea
No Hunter toku ingoa

I am from New Zealand
My school is South Hornby
My family is Halliday
My father is Gerry
My mother is Joy
I am Hunter

Bonus Activity

I think my family is special because, they care about me. They are very loving and back me in everything I do.

3 people Special to be are Devon, Mum and Aimee

The 2 things they like to do in Summer are:

Devon likes to go to the swimming pool or have a BBQ with friends and family at home

Mum likes to relax with a cold drink or have a BBQ with friends and family.

Aimee likes to go to the beach with her family and have a cold ice cream.

2 Fun Facts about each of my special people

Mum - she loves cups of tea, even on hot days
          - she like to knit baby clothes

Devon - likes to have water balloon fights with me
            - she works at Burger King

Aimee - she has a cat called Everest, even though she doesn't like cats
            - she likes to take me on trips to the beach or river




3 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter,

    Ruby here from the Summer Learning Journey team!

    Activity 1: Great ideas! I hadn't thought about feeling safe in a big family but I think you're right. You would feel protected in a certain way. I also like what you said about having 9 friends as well as family. That is a good way to think about it. Although, it would be very loud living in a big family, it might be worth it :)

    Activity 2: Good work with your pepeha! It's a little bit different from our example which is great! Have you learnt your pepeha before? It sounds like you might have.

    Bonus activity: Wow! What great work you have done here! It sounds like your family will have a great summer. My families favourite things are to go to the beach, read our books, and have picnic BBQs. Your Mum sounds just like my Mum! My Mum drinks hot tea all the time and also loves to knit.

    I look forward to reading more of your blog over the summer. Keep up the good work!
    Cheers,
    Ruby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done Hunter, Keep up the good work. Having to sharing clothing, rooms and not having much space to move around. You are doing such a good job :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your comment and I will comment on your blog.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.