Pages

Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Summer Learning Journey Day 5

Day 5 - Activity 1

A Dawn of a New Era

Translations

Phrases:

1) Nau mai ki Aotearoa.
Welcome to New Zealand.

2) ____ is my name.
____ ko toku ingoa.

3) What is your name?
He aha to ingoa?

4) He pai taku ki te takaro i te whutupaoro.
I like to play Rugby.

5) Where do you come from?
no hea koe?

Activity 2

Things to do in Waitangi

1) you can visit the Treaty House and see a replica of the treaty.
2) see one of the largest Maori war canoes in the country
3) see one of the live kapahaka performances that are held there.

Out of these 3 things to do I would love to do the second one. I want to see a Maori war canoe because I think it would be amazing to see what they used as a war canoe many years ago.

Bonus Activity

Questions for Bill Kini

1)Were you nervous?

2)Were there heaps of people there?

3)How many hours did you need to train?

4)Did you make friends with people from other countries?

5) In your opinion, was it easier to train in your day or now days with all of the modern equipment?

1 comment:

  1. Hi Hunter

    Awesome job on the blog post! Great job with translating for activity #1, have you tried saying the phrases out loud. Good Te Reo practice!

    I really liked your three suggestions on what to do in Waitangi for activity #2, the largest war canoes sound really interesting to go see and I love watching kapa haka groups!

    You’ve written some really good questions in your bonus activities, I especially like the question about comparing training from Bill Kini’s day to today’s training. I reckon it would be very interesting hear what the comparison to what boxing training was like then to now. Do you think it would have a lot of differences? Let me know what you think in a comment! :)

    Looking forward to hearing from you and keep up the blog posting!

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.