Pages

Monday, January 14, 2019

Summer Learning journey week 3 day 5

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 5

Activity 1

Persistent pollution
Some pollution is caused by natural sources and most of it is by humans.
Smog is one of the human made pollutions, it can have serious health risks.
Toxic pollutants is where people burn plastic and it can cause serious health issues that can cause  cancer.


Activity 2

Changing Climates

When it is too rainy to go out I like to do the following things:
1.  Play on my Playstation
2. Watch my tablet
3. Play a game of Monopoly with my Sisters
4. Read a book
5. Colour in pictures.


Activity 3

Let it Rain

Yay, the rain has stopped, its been a long 3 days, we can go outside.  I opened the door and "Oh, my goodness".  It is dreary and bleak, the plants are no longer green, they are dead, not a blade of grass left.  "Keep the dogs inside" I yell.  I can see neighbourhood cats dead in the street.  Devon is crying, she can see her cat lying very still. I don't want to be outside anymore. What are we going to do?



3 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter,

    Me again. :)

    Isn't it concerning how much air pollution we (humans) cause? The fact that it has gotten to the stage where it can impact peoples health so dramatically is terrible! Were you able to find out what kinds of human activities contribute to the air pollution problem?

    Those are some great rainy day activities! We play the card version of Monopoly at my house too. What kinds of books do you like to read?

    I really enjoyed reading your story about acid rain Hunter. You've used wonderful vocabulary and the inclusion of speech makes it all the more interesting to read. Aren't we lucky that we live in a clean and healthy environment, and that people are always coming up with ways to protect it (and us) from things like acid rain?

    Well done on completing another lot of activities.

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hunter

    What is you most favorite game to play on the PlayStation. What books would you recommend to people who like to read.

    Great job Hunter , keep up the good work

    Paris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Paris, my favourite game on the playstation 4 is Black Ops. I like to read Tom Gates. I also like to read David Walliams. I would recommend any of the books by these authors.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.