Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 3

Taking Flight

Activity 1

Bird of the Year

My favourite New Zealand bird is the Pukeko.  It is black with blue feathers on its chest.  It has long red legs with a red beak which goes between its eyes. It is also known as a swamp hen.  It lives in New Zealand but mainly in the wetter areas likes swamps.  They have a very powerful beak. The Pukeko is an omnivore, it eats things like insect and spiders as well as seed, roots and shoots.



birdrescue.org.nz
Gisbornes online zoo - photo


Activity 2

Flying Foxes

The superpower that I would like would be invisibility.  This would be awesome because I could go everywhere I wanted.  Nobody would be able to see me. I would like to use this superpower to get on a plane and go to Fiji to see my friend Saki.


Activity 3

The Wind Beneath My Wings








1 comment:

  1. Kia ora Hunter,

    Me again. :)

    Do you see many PÅ«keko where you live? I live in Auckland at the moment so I never see them but up north (where I'm from) there's loads of them! I actually always thought they were a pest.

    That's a great reason to choose invisibility. I thought flying would be a good superpower for the same reason - you wouldn't have to worry about booking flights and catching planes, you could just fly wherever you wanted to go! :) Have you been to Fiji before? I was there in 2016 for my birthday and I had THE best time! :)

    I'm glad we don't have flying snakes here in New Zealand! I have a hard enough time dealing with those little jumpy spiders! Do you know how they're able to eat their prey whole? The things they eat seem too big to fit in their skinny little bodies.

    Happy blogging! :)

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.