Pages

Monday, January 7, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 1

Activity 1

Surfs up!

My favourite summer activity is travelling to Hanmer Springs with my family and going to the Hanmer Springs Thermal Pools. At the pools there is plenty to do including many pools all ranging different temperatures. There are rock pools for lounging in, spa pools just for the adults, the lazy river, a big water playground for younger kids and of course my favourite the water slides and super bowl.

Activity 2

The Great Taupo Cycle Challenge

For my cycle challenge the first person I would bring is my Dad, I would choose the bring him because he has cycling experience and he would be able to teach and coach me how to pace myself in the race so I don't get tired and finish the race. The second person I would bring would be my sister Devon, she is very strong willed and I don't think she will let me stop! so I will be motivated to finish the race to impress her. The final piece the the puzzle would be my Mum, I choose her because she will be able to bring food and drinks, she will make sure me and the crew are well feed and hydrated throughout the day.

Activity 3

Something smells fishy

Fish Fact #1 The oldest known fish in the world is a 65 year old Australian Lungfish - TRUE
Fish Fact #2 Sharks are the only fish that have eyelids - TRUE
Fish Fact #3 Starfish are a type of fish - FALSE
(Starfish are marine invertebrates)
Fish Fact #4 Fish communicate with each other by making low-pitched sounds (moans, hisses etc) - TRUE
Fish Fact #5 Fish usually swim together in groups called 'classes' - FALSE
(Fish swim in shoals, in groups called 'schools')


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter,

    Congratulations on completing yet another days worth of activities! :)

    Hanmer Springs sounds amazing! I've never been but I definitely want to go after reading your blog. The water slides sound like great fun. How often do you go? Where I'm from there are hot springs called Ngawha Springs. There's no water slides or playgrounds but they are lovely and relaxing.

    It sounds like you'd have a great support crew. How handy having a dad who has cycling experience! It's wonderful to have people in your life that can help and support you through things, big or small; you're very lucky :) I think I'd choose my sister too. We get on really well and she'd be a great motivator too. Have you been to Taupo before?

    Well done on answering all of the true or false questions correctly. I appreciate that you've put the correct truth next to the ones that were false. Thank you for that :)

    Happy blogging, Hunter!

    Mikey

    ReplyDelete
  2. I go to Hanmer Springs a few times a year and I always have a ball!
    I haven't been to Taupo before but it would be nice to go there one day.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.