Pages

Monday, January 21, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5

Summer Learning Journey Week 2 Day 5

Activity 3

Faded Glory

Oops Sorry I forgot to do this activity before I posted my blog.  

The Great Barrier Reef is an amazing place.  Some strategies / ideas to fund raise for the Great Barrier Reef are:

1.  We could a great big community wide garage sale.  People could bring things that they don't want and sell them to people who do.  All the money people spend could go to the Great Barrier Reef.

2. We could have a sausage sizzle, a mufti day or dress up day. You would pay to wear which every one you chose and sausage would be $2.00 each.

3. We could put a surcharge on petrol, every litre that someone buys would be 10 cents for the Great Barrier Reef.  

I like the first idea the best.


3 comments:

  1. Good morning Hunter,

    Congratulations on completing your very last activity! :)

    You've come up with some really great fundraising ideas. You're the first Summer Learning Journey blogger that I've come across who has thought of doing a garage sale - very original! :) We had a garage sale at my house on Saturday. We actually made quite a bit of money, so I imagine a community wide one would be great for the Great Barrier Reef fund! :) Have you been to the Great Barrier Reef before? I'd love to go snorkelling there.

    Congratulations again Hunter. It's been a pleasure reading your blog. :)

    All the best for the school year ahead. Keep up the great blogging!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kia ora Hunter, it's Miss Goslin here from South Hornby School where I am going to be a teacher this year. I really enjoyed reading all of your ideas about ways to fundraise for the Great Barrier Reef. I especially loved your last idea about putting a surcharge on petrol, this makes it relevant to the environment and how we can save it, but I think that your first option is the easiest to carry out. Why do you like your first idea the best? I hope you have enjoyed your summer learning journey, it looks like you have had a lot of fun!

    Miss Goslin

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hunter, you've got some great ideas for raising money to improve The Reef. Imagine if there were like minded people helping n this way from all around the world.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.