Pages

Wednesday, January 9, 2019

Summer Learning Journey week 2 day 3




First you 'sea' Me, Now you don't...
Day 3 

Activity 1

Night Owls

I am a night owl. I enjoy staying up at night and relaxing while I play my games.  I like to sleepin in the mornings in the weekend and the holidays. My mum is a early riser, she gets up with the pets early anytime from 5.30 but goes to bed early usually around 9, she has to stay awake til I'm in bed though. My sister is an early riser as well.  She gets up early most days.


Activity 2

A Local Delicacy

My favourite food is Buttered Chicken

We usually use chicken breast, just add butter chicken sauce and rice.  You can make this from scratch though here is a recipe I found on bite.co.nz

Ingredients  

500 grams Chicken Thighs
1/2 cup unsweetened Yogurt
1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
4 Tablespoons tomato paste
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
2 teaspoons cumin
1 teaspoon garam masala 
2 teaspoons brown sugar
to taste salt and pepper
2 cloves of crushed garlic
1 onion
50 grams butter
3/4 cup cream
1/2 cup fresh coriander

I eat mine with rice.





Activity Three

The Midnight Zone

To move the 500 kg colossal squid in Te Papa from one room and to another it will take a few people. Adults can lift 25 kg each and children can lift 15 kg each.

25 x 20 = 500 
25 + 25 = 50 (2 people)
10 groups of 50 = 500 
10 groups of 2 people = 20

If each adult per can lift 25 kg it will take 20 adults to lift it.
I think this would be the best way because it would be the least amount of people to coordinate.

This image is from pinterest.com.au.

2 comments:

  1. Kia ora Hunter!

    Congratulations on completing another days worth of activities. It's great to see that you're keeping up with the programme :)

    I like sleeping in too. Unfortunately my body has gotten used to waking up early for work and uni so I very rarely sleep in anymore. What games do you play? My mum's an early bird too. Which surprises me because she stays up quite late.

    Yum! Butter Chicken is delicious, isn't it? I always get Chicken Tikka Masala which is a bit spicier, but I always sneak spoonfuls of my partners Butter Chicken :) do you make this recipe at home?

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hunter,

    Me again :)

    That's a great picture of a giant squid - it's tentacles are so long! Well done on correctly solving the 'midnight zone' maths problem. It's great that you know what operation to use when working through a problem like this one. You're right, using twenty adults is the most efficient way to lift the squid, but can you think of any other combinations of adults and children that could do it? What if you had to use at least one child?

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.