Pages

Friday, January 11, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 1

Activity 1

A Heated Debate

I would tell my friends to come and visit New Zealand in Spring.  You can still get in a bit of skiing as there is usually a bit of snow still around.  You can also enjoy the spring sunshine that lets you get outside and visit some of the tourist attractions.
Three place you do in spring are: 1. You can go on the gondola in Queenstown, you will be able to see lots going on from snow on the mountains, to people parasailing on the lake.
2. You could visit Rainbows End in Auckland, go on  all the rides and enjoy the atmosphere.
3. You could go to the New Brighton Pier and enjoy the sunshine and the view.

Activity 2

You are my Sunshine

To stay sun smart in the summer you can do these 5 things:
1. Wear long sleeved/legged clothes
2. Wear Sunscreen
3.Stay out of the sun during the hottest part of the day.
4. Wear a full brimmed hat.
5. Wear sunglasses if you have any.

sunsmart.org.nz

Activity 3

Burning Up...





4 comments:

  1. Hello again,

    Spring's a great recommendation! Like you say, you get the best of both worlds. Have you been to all three of the places you have suggested? I've been on the Queenstown Gondola and to Rainbows End, but I'm yet to go to New Brighton Pier.

    You've listed some really important sunsmart tips there Hunter. I like to keep a beach umbrella in my car so that if I decide to take a spontaneous trip to the beach, and there's no shady trees around, I have my umbrella to sit under. It's very handy. Have you been spending lots of time at the beach over your summer break?

    Great work on the graph Hunter! You've presented it really well, which makes it nice and easy to read. I like that you've included a key too. One tip for plotting information on a graph is to label the axes, just so your readers know exactly what it is they are looking at. Other than that, you've done a great job. :)

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mikey, I have been to Rainbows End and to the New Brighton Pier. I want to visit Queenstown one day.

      Delete
    2. I haven't been this summer. We usually take the dog to river because he loves it so much.

      Delete
    3. Hi Hunter!

      What's your favourite ride at Rainbows End? I think the Log Flume would have to be my all-time favourite - I love the big drop at the end. If you do go to Quuenstown, I recommend the Skyline Gondola and Luge and jet boating - they're so much fun! :)

      Bye for now,

      Mikey

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.