Pages

Saturday, January 12, 2019

Summer Learning Journey Week 3 Day 4

Activity 1

The Southern Lights

L- luminous 
I- impressive, incredible
G- glowing in the southern night sky
H- highly hypnotic
T- terrific
S- superb a must see!!

Activity 2

The Seven Sisters

The story of The Seven Sisters

 Mitai was the youngest of 7 brothers, his brother were the most handsome men in the village but had not married as they would never settle for anyone less beautiful than themselves. Although Mitai was not like his brothers he had special powers where he could change into a bird and was able to eavesdrop on his brothers conversations. One day the men heard beautiful singing coming for far away, they followed the noise and found the most beautiful women they had ever seen, they all fell in love except Mitai. They brought the women back to their village the make them their wives, but Mitai did not like them as they didn't take part in village life. After a while he noticed his brothers were skinny and no longer handsome. The wives would disappear and one day Mitai followed them as a bird and heard of their plan to starve the men till the die. Mitai told his brothers of the women's plan, the men were given magic nets to catch the women and cast them far away. Now once a year the women's beauty is allowed to shine through the sky and became known as the Seven Stars of Matariki

Activity 3

Crazy Cool Clouds

I have chosen to write about picture 2
This cloud looks like a tornado or I think it looks more like a beyblade, it is in a shape of a spiral. Maybe the cloud is hunting for another beyblade looking cloud and if they were to collide we would end up having some thunder down here on the ground.
This cloud looks like a cumulus cloud because it is big and fluffy. 


Related image
knowtechie.com


2 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter,

    The vocabulary you've used in your acrostic poem is wonderful! I particularly like the alliteration line (highly hypnotic). Have you seen the Southern Lights before? I haven't been lucky enough to see them but I hope to one day. I think living in Auckland makes it quite difficult though; with all the city lights lighting up the sky.

    You've written a great summary Hunter. Well done on keeping to the eight line maximum - that can be quite hard to do. Had you read the story of Matariki before?

    Wow! I haven't seen a beyblade in years! Do you know if they still sell them? You're the first blogger I've come across to think of something other than a tornado - well done! I like how you've likened the noise of two colliding beyblades to thunder as well. Very creative.

    Another great blog post Hunter. Keep them coming! :)

    Blog ya later!

    Mikey :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have not seen the southern lights before but I think it would be amazing to see.
    I have heard of the story of Matariki before I thought this story was told well too.
    Yes they do still make beyblades they made a come back last year, they make ones called beyblade burst now where when they collide they burst open, if that happens you have lost.

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.