Pages

Saturday, January 6, 2018

Summer learning journey day 15

Day 15 

Activity 1

Hiking Tongariro

5 items you need to go camping

1. Warm clothing
2. Food/rubbish bag
3. take a cell phone / personal locator beacon
4. take waterproof clothing
5. take gloves and a hat 
6. a friend to talk to


Things to do before you go hiking

1. let people know where you are going and when you will be back.
2. make sure you are wearing the right shoes.
3.  check the weather
4. check you will be able to finish the track you want to do.



Activity 2


Image resultName of Prime Minister: Mike Moore
Date of Birth: 28th January 1949

Political Party: Labour
Number of Years as Prime Minister: 4th September 1990 - 2nd November 1990
Three interesting facts about my chosen Prime Minister:
1. After he left school he worked as a printer then a labourer
2. He had a heart valve operation in 2014
3. In 2010 he became the New Zealand Ambassador to the United States

Bonus Activity
I think that post secondary education should be free. I think this because more people might go to university or a course after high school if it doesn't cost them any money. It would give people the chance to study the things that they love to do. If you wanted to be a doctor or a scientist it would save more lives or invent more things because more people would study. It would make sure that people don't have to borrow lots of money to pay back.


3 comments:

  1. Hi there Hunter,

    Jade F here from the Summer Learning Journey. Well done completing another set of tasks!
    Wow, I’m very impressed with your set of items to take on a hiking trip, they are definitely essential to any hiking trip. I really liked how you included a list of things to do before you go away on a hiking. It is definitely very important to let people know where you’re going, just in case something might happen when you’re on the hike.

    With your second activity, I thought you did an awesome job on your profile of Mike Moore. It’s so interesting to know that he had left school and he used to work as a printer! From a printer to a prime minister?! That’s astonishing! That’s also interesting that he became the Ambassador of NZ in the United States. My grandpa used to be the Ambassador of Samoa here in New Zealand, many years ago. It was pretty cool because he got to meet many well known people, like the Pope and Queen of England!

    With your bonus activity, well done on your response; I could see through your writing that you really put some thought into your response and I liked how you supported your opinion with reasons. For example, I see that you think that tertiary education should be free as it would more people the chance to study the courses they would love to do and the students wouldn’t have to get borrow money (which is called a student loan) and have to pay it back. Which I agree, would be very handy! Are you thinking of studying something at university one day? I just graduated university last year and I was studying primary teaching. :)

    Looking forward to reading more of your blog posts Hunter, keep up the good work!

    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to study either
    video games designing
    being a police man
    ju jitsu master

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey there hunter,

      Thanks for replying! That's so cool that you have more than one field of study or career that you would like pursue! A jujitsu master would be an awesome job! You would need to work incredibly hard and practice, practice, practice to achieve your goal to be a master! :)

      One of my brothers wants to become a video game designer as well! I reckon that would be an awesome job to do, I would probably be into the character development because I love drawing and graphics so designing what game characters would be fun to do!

      Going into the police force would also be a cool job to do as well, you would learn so much from the job and protect the community! My grandfather is a retired policeman and he loved the job.

      Jade F :)

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.