Pages

Sunday, January 14, 2018

Summer Learning Journey 20

Activity 1

When I leave high school I would like to become a Police Officer.
I would need to be physically fit and I would have to have my drivers licence.  I could do these things while I am still at high school.
I would need to go to police training and learn different things.
I already do jui jitsu which is self defence training and if I keep this up I will be fit and able to look after myself.

Activity 2
flying car (2).jpg I would choose the flying car.  This is because I when I am a police officer I can use this car to catch people.  I could use it to make sure I get to places on time and not get stuck in a traffic jam. I could park on the roof so when I am going to someplace that is full I can park on the roof and no one else will be parked there.

Bonus Activity - Blade Runner

In 2099 I think people will live in space ships in outer space.  Families will have a big space ship, other people will have smaller space ships and there will be big domes where you can fly your shuttle into and buy food and other things.  

The food will be the same, everything will have a longer expiry date and be made and grown in special space factories.

You will work on a planet so you can explore it and discover new things about it.  You may choose to work in a special space factory and make food for people to eat.

We are going to wear special space armour that lets you breathe in space without a oxygen tank.  You will wear clothes similar to what we wear now when you are on your own space ship.


There will be a special school spaceship for children to go to school on.  Another one for high school and another one for University.

5 comments:

  1. Hey Hunter,

    This is Jade C from the Summer Learning Journey team! It's really great to see you blogging over the weekend! I can see that this is your final SLJ activity post!

    It's awesome that you know what you want to be in the future. I wanted to become an artist when I was in college but I changed my mind in yr13. I worked for SKIDS holiday programme and I really enjoyed working with children, therefore I decided to become a primary teacher. Do you have your own personal reasons to why you want to become a police officer? Let me know in the comment below :)

    Yes! I totally agree with you that flying cars would be very helpful and essential for police officers to catch other cars or criminals in the future. I still cannot imagine out world with flying cars as there are planes that still break and crash. Imagine cars falling down from the sky! It would break buildings and hurt a lot of people.

    You are a very creative thinker! I did not imagine having our own spaceships and to going to school on it! Do you think that the earth would be so populated in the future, that people would be sent outside the planet earth to other planets to live in? I wonder what sort of lifestyle we would live in another planet!

    Well done for all your hard work and effort that you've put in to complete all the activities. I hope you enjoyed doing the activities and (hopefully) learnt heaps from completing the activities :) I hope you carry on with your blogging - commenting on other students' blogs, to get more bonus points!

    All the best,
    Jade C.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I want to become a Police Officer because some of the adults I have meet through my jui jitsu training are either prison guards or police officers. I think it will be cool to be like them.

      I think people will be sent to other planets because the earth will have to many people on earth and heaps of people will have to go to other planets.

      Delete
  2. Kia Ora Hunter,

    My name is Georgia and I am the cluster manager for the Kaikohekohe (Northland) cluster. For the next few days, I'll be commenting on students blogs from Uru Manuka and I am very excited to see the work you all have been doing this summer.

    That's awesome that you already know that you want to become a police officer and what you have to do to become one. Do you know any police officers that you can talk to about their job? That would be a fun way to learn even more!

    You have made some good points about the flying car. I agree that it would be very useful for a police officer, especially because you can avoid all the traffic, like you said.

    I loved reading about your predictions for 2099 in the bonus activity. You have a very creative mind and thought about everything we'll need to be able to live in space. Do you like the idea of living in space? I think it would be very strange to have zero gravity and float everywhere!

    Great work with this post, Hunter. I'm looking forward to reading more of them!

    Nga Mihi
    Georgia

    ReplyDelete
  3. Would you train police dogs of just a police men. Well done Hunter

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would train both of them because it is really handy to have a dog so it can sniff out the bad guys when they go running.

      Delete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.