Pages

Sunday, January 7, 2018

Summer Learning Journey Day 17

Activity 1


Chasing Great

3 things I learnt about Richie McCaw are:

1. He wasn't the greatest player growing up but he had a big desire.
2. He was an ordinary man doing extraordinary things.
3. He wrote G.A.B on a napkin when he was younger for his plan, which stands for Great All Black.

Something else I would want to ask him is 
How did he keep up his drive to achieve his goal? 
What kept him motivated? 
What would you have done if you were never an All Black?

Image result for richie mounga
Activity 2


Sporting Heroes

Richie Mo'unga

He plays first five-eighth or fullback for Canterbury and the Crusaders.

He is my hero because I think he is really good at playing rugby. He always tries his best.

Image result for hip hop who invented it
Bonus Activity

Shake it off - Hip Hop

Inspired by DJ Kool Herc, Afrika Bambaataa created a street organisation called Universal Zulu Nation, centred around hip hop, as a means to draw teenagers out of gang life, drugs and violence.

Originates from African Americans and Puerto Rican Americans

Interesting facts about Hip Hop:

1. Before it was called Hip Hop it was called Disco Rap
2.  There are 3 main styles Popping, Locking and Breaking
3. People have free-styling dance competitions






1 comment:

  1. Hi there Hunter,

    Awesome job on making it to the final week of your Summer Learning Journey! Let’s make it count!

    Great work on your first activity, that is so interesting to find out that Richie McCaw wasn’t the greatest player growing up! That shows that practice and hard work really does pay off in the end, doesn’t it? Have you seen his film Chasing Great? I haven’t seen it but it looks like a good watch! Also those questions that you came up for Richie McCaw were really good and I reckon he would have some pretty good responses to them!

    With your second activity, you wrote about your sports hero Richie Mo’unga (another Richie!?), that’s so interesting that he’s also plays for Crusaders which was the same team Richie McCaw played in! Are you a huge rugby fan? One of my brothers is a HUGE rugby fan, I could ask him anything about rugby teams and he’s knows all the players names and doesn’t miss a game. It’s crazy!

    Awesome job on your bonus activity, I really like hip hop dancing and that was cool what you wrote about that street organisation that is centred around hip hop to try to minimise teenagers getting into trouble on the streets! Things like this are so good to hear about, it shows how much dancing can affect people’s life!

    Awesome work on the blog post Hunter, looking forward to reading more of your blog!

    Bye for now,
    Jade F :)

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.