Pages

Thursday, December 20, 2018

Summer Learning Journey week 1 day 1

Summer Learning Journey week 1 day 1
Activity1
My top 3 fun facts about New Zealand 

  • Wow, did you know that more New Zealanders own cars than anywhere else in the world, 2.5 million cars to 4 million people , that's a lot!

  • The land of the long white cloud...  New Zealand...  Aotearoa... Did you know that the moari name for New Zealand is Aotearoa and that means The Land of the Long White Cloud.

  •  THE PACIFIC RIM OF FIRE!!!  sounds pretty scary right?    New Zealand is part of the pacific rim of fire, in the middle of the north island is Mount Ruapehu  which is the most active volcano.


                                                                           Activity 2

I live in the beautiful Garden City... Christchurch. Some of my favourite things about my hometown are that we have some amazing beaches, all of them being different, New Brighton beach has a great pier so you can amble down the pier over the cold glistening water, it has facts about the build written on it and its history. Sumner beach has some fantastic caves  and rocks to explore with the water splashing at your feet, plus it has many more beautiful beaches to explore.
One of my most favourite places is the wandering Waimakariri river where I like to take my dog to play in the  shallow water, it has a lots of different sized sticks that he loves to play with.
I enjoy the new multi complex of movie theatres in the central city with amazing food places there as well.  They have huge lazy-boy recliners for you to relax while you watch.  The screens are massive and have an amazing picture. The sound booms out around the theatre to make you jump a mile high out of your seat.

Image result for cave rock sumner

                                                                        Bounce activity



2 comments:

  1. Hi Hunter!

    My name is Mikey. I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I will be commenting on your blog posts this summer. I see that you participated in the programme last year; welcome back! :)

    Wow! That's a LOT of cars! No wonder I always have trouble finding a car park!

    Christchurch sounds like an amazing place to live. I've never been before but I love spending time at the beach so I think I'd really like it. I come from a small town called Kororāreka (Russell) where there are lots of beautiful beaches too. What's your dog's name? Is that him in the picture?

    You've included some really important messages in your digital footprint. I'm glad to see that you know how to be cyber smart. It's also a really good idea to tell a trusted adult if anything pops up on your screen that you're unsure of.

    Well done on completing your first activities, Hunter! I'm looking forward to reading more from you soon :)

    Happy blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Hunter
    I like your blog post especially when you start with a Wow. Also the part when you say " to make you jump a mile out of your seat".
    I would love it if you commented on my blog.
    - Sandra

    ReplyDelete

To support my learning I ask you to comment as follows:
1. Something positive - something you like about what I have shared.
2. Thoughtful - A sentence to let us know you actually read/watched or listened to what I had to say
3. Something thoughtful - how have you connected with my learning? Give me some ideas for next time or ask me a question.